Violence on Campus
If you witness an act of violence on campus:
- Get away from the situation as quickly as possible.
- If you cannot get away, take cover to protect yourself.
- Dial 911 or 765-285-1111 to report the incident. If you are on campus and do not have a telephone, look for one of the emergency telephones located across campus. The phones have a blue light on top and the word “emergency.” To use the phone, press the button and talk into the speaker.
If a threat to human safety occurs on campus:
- The campus emergency warning sirens may emit a continuous three-minute sound warning.
- Information—including safety instructions for students, faculty, and staff—will be made available to the campus community through e-mail, opt-in text messaging, voice mail, the Ball State Web site, and local radio and TV stations.
- Updated information about the situation will be posted on the Ball State Web site as available.
Learn more about how to respond to an active shooter on campus.