AMBASSADOR EXPECTATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Must be a current Ball State University student with a minimum 2.25 GPA.
• Must be available for the Transfer Reception on Saturday, August 20, 2016.
• Attend bi-weekly Transfer Ambassador meetings. A meeting time will be set after all ambassadors have been hired.
• Attend bi-monthly meetings with the supervisor(s).
• Serve as a positive representative of the Transfer Ambassador Program and the Division of Student Affairs.
• Provide information and assistance to new transfer students in their transition to Ball State University.
• Inform students from your group of other campus organizations, programs, activities, and events.
• Maintain contact, through a variety of methods, with your transfer student group.
• Record contact with students in the Mapworks system and excel tracker file in a timely manner.
• Meet with each student individually throughout the term.
• Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Show an ability to work cooperatively with other students and supervisor(s).
• Maintain work hours via the Kronos timekeeping system.
• Become knowledgeable about campus, student affairs, and community resources available to transfers.
• Seek out information and resources of value and interest to transfer students.
• Commitment to creating a welcoming and positive academic environment and sensitive to student diversity.
• Actively participate in the Transfer Student Facebook Group and Transfer Student Association.
• This position is available to start as early as August 1, 2016 and no later than August 17, 2016 and will end in December.
• Earn up to $230 a month
• Gain leadership experience
• Receive a $300 meal to card to treat yourself and students to meals (if not living on campus with a meal plan)
• Build relationships with incoming transfer students
Copyright © 2016 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241