Effective 1/7/08 1. Appointments
2. Student must present either a valid BSU ID or their BSU ID number and a valid picture ID. ID will be returned when student leaves the lab.3. Before test sign in, student must signify awareness of the:
Ø “Student Academic Dishonesty Policy” (available on the screen) Ø The “Computer-Based Testing Policies” (also available on the screen) Ø fact that surveillance cameras may be in use.
4. Observed behavior inconsistent with the “Student Academic Dishonesty Policy”, the "Computer-Based Testing Policies," the test instructions, or instructions from the lab monitor will be immediately reported to the instructor and lab manager via email. The instructor will determine what, if any, course of action to take. Lab monitors will not confront the student under any circumstances.
5. No materials other than those listed in the inQsit instructions for “Assisted” tests are allowed at the testing station.Note: Non-lockable “cubbies” are available at the Student Center testing facility for your convenience. Chairs with storage underneath are provided in the Robert Bell testing lab. UCS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL ITEMS. 6. "Non-assisted" tests administered in the testing lab will have:
“No books, notes, calculators, cell phones, iPods, PDA’s or other items may be used. No talking, other than with lab personnel. Work independently.”7. "Assisted" tests, where additional materials are allowed in the testing lab, will have:
“No books, notes, calculators, cell phones, iPods, PDA’s or other items may be used. No talking, other than with lab personnel. Work independently.”
Ø Textbook or workbookØ NotesØ Calculator
Note: The lab monitor will not confirm textbook/workbook title, contents or version, note size, content, or amount, or calculator make, model, or functionality.8. Scrap paper is available upon request and must be placed in the designated location when leaving the lab.9. Materials will not be collected by the lab monitors.10. Talking, other than with lab monitors, is prohibited.11. Children are not allowed in the testing lab.12. Disruptive behavior of any kind is prohibited.
13. Students must immediately follow any written or oral instructions from any lab personnel.
14. Unified Technology Support Labs will work with faculty and/or departments to secure other lab space for special test requirements that are not suited for the current testing labs.
15. Unified Technology Support will continue to work with the “inQsit Lab Policy Implementation Advisory Group” in developing and modifying computer-based testing lab policies.
16. Faculty will be informed of changes/updates to the Computer-Based Testing policies through various means including, but not limited to, web pages, mass e-mails and the inQsit notification page.
Copyright © 2013 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241