Booting or Towing a Vehicle
Booting a Vehicle
A vehicle will be booted if it has accumulated five or more outstanding parking citations. In addition to the fines, there is a $25 fee for the removal of the boot. Exception: Motorcycles and vehicles that cannot be booted will be towed at the owner’s/operator’s expense.
All citations and the boot fee must be paid within eight hours from the time that the boot is placed on the vehicle. If the citations are not paid, the vehicle will be towed at the owner’s/operator’s expense. Parking fines, towing, and storage charges must be paid before an impounded vehicle can be released.
Parking Services will not accept a check for over $100 for a vehicle that has been booted or towed for unpaid citations. You may pay with cash, check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard.
Towing a Vehicle
A vehicle will be towed without warning at the owner’s/operator’s expense if the vehicle:
- has been booted and payment is not received within eight hours
- is not displaying a current license plate
- is parked on campus when the permit has been revoked
- is displaying a stolen parking permit
- is determined to be abandoned or stored on university owned or controlled property
- is illegally parked in a Disabled Driver or Special #97 space
Vehicles towed from university owned or controlled property are towed by Nye's Wrecker Service.