President's Remarks to Trustees
President Geoffrey S. Mearns on December 15 updated the board on his activities.
The nine members of the Ball State Board of Trustees are appointed by the governor of Indiana. The board's primary duties are to:
- set the strategic direction of the university
- ensure fiscal responsibility
- provide oversight to university operations
- hire, supervise and evaluate the university’s chief administrator
- borrow money, issue bonds, and let contracts
- prescribe conditions for admission
- grant degrees and issue diplomas or certificates
- define the duties of and provide compensation for faculty and staff of the university
- receive and administer all donations, bequests, grants, funds, and property that are given or provided to the university
The board is made up of two Ball State alumni, one full-time student, and six members appointed at large. Appointments are for four-year terms.
Upcoming Board Meetings
- January 26, Regular meeting begins at 3 p.m.
- March 30, TBD - Regular Meeting
- May 4, TBD - Regular Meeting
- June 8, TBD - Regular Meeting
- July 20, TBD - Regular Meeting
- September 14, TBD - Regular Meeting
- December 14, TBD - Board Meeting
Board of Trustees Members
R. Wayne Estopinal
Chevy Chase, Maryland