How to open my transcript on a PC
Important: You must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Professional installed before attempting to open a Ball State University electronic transcript. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, visit www.adobe.com for a free download. If you have an old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed we recommend you uninstall and reinstall the newest version before attempting to access your electronic transcript.
Steps to open an Electronic Transcript on a PC
1. Open the "Transcript Link" email sent from the National Student Clearinghouse. In this email, notice the link to view the transcript and also the username (required in later steps).
2. Click on the link contained in the email. When the page displays, enter the email address where the notification messages were sent and the password contained in the "Transcript Password" email sent from the National Student Clearinghouse. It is our recommendation that you cut/paste the password from the email to insure there is not a typo.
3. Click Submit.
4. Click OK on the expiration date disclaimer (below). Note: electronic transcripts expire 30 days after they are created, not 30 days from when they are first opened. You have the option of saving the file or opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Whether you download the electronic transcript or open/print it the same expiration date applies.
5. Enter the username and password provided to gain access to the electronic transcript. Enter the username originally sent in the "Transcript Link" email message (username begins with TO, not T0 ). The password is the password originally sent in the "Transcript Password" email. Again, we encourage you to copy/paste the username and password to reduce the risk of errors.
6. The transcript will now be displayed. You may print as many copies as you need but please remember the 30 day expiration date...