Proxy Access Information
Students can grant others access to view certain pieces of information in Self Service Banner and/or to have conversations with select departments. This is called granting “proxy access,” and the other person is referred to as your proxy. The most common scenario is granting a parent or spouse access to your personal information. Access is granted by e-mail address, so you must know the e-mail address of the person you wish to grant access.
To establish proxy access:
- Log in to MyBSU at http://my.bsu.edu/ using your Ball State username and password.
- Select SSB – Self Service Banner.
- Select the Proxy Access menu and select the link for Proxy Management.
- Read the text on the page and make sure that you understand the implications and responsibility of granting proxy access to your information.
- Select Add Proxy.
- Enter the first name, last name, and e-mail address of the person you wish to grant proxy access.
- Confirm that you wish to add this person by selecting Add Proxy again.
- The person you just added will be sent an e-mail asking that they set up a PIN/Password. You will also be sent a copy of this e-mail to your Ball State account.
- Now, you must define what access the proxy will have.
- On the Proxy Management self service page, select the line that says Expand (Proxy Name).
- Complete the Profile Tab.
a. You must select a relationship for this proxy – if you don’t, you will not be able to authorize any access for the proxy.
b. Enter a description for the person’s relationship to you, such as “mom,” “wife,” or “employer.”
c. Enter a passphrase for the person. This is a required field if you are going to allow the proxy to have verbal conversations with anyone at Ball State University. Essentially, this is a password.
d. The start and end dates will default in. You can change them if you desire.
e. If you set a passphrase, select the E-Mail Passphrase icon. This will send your proxy an e-mail with their passphrase included – they will need that for any assistance from the HelpDesk or by any department.
- Complete the Authorization Tab
a. When you select the Authorization tab, you will see all the access that you can extend to your proxy. You can grant item-by-item access, or you can select the main check boxes next to the major categories to grant access to all items in each category (for example, all Financial Aid Access items can be granted by selecting the check box next to Financial Aid Access).
b. After you have checked all the items your proxy should have access to, select the E-Mail Authorizations icon to the right. This will generate an e-mail to your proxy indicating what you have granted them access to.