Use this template to visualize how the finished image will look.
NOTE: Be sure to follow the photo requirements below. You may only make two attempts to upload an acceptable photo. If you are unable to upload a photo successfully, on-campus students must come to the ID card offices in Bracken Library, Room 311, to have your photo taken.
If you are an online or distance education student and are unable to upload an acceptable photo after two attempts, your BSU ID card will not have a picture.
All photos submitted to the ID Card office for Ball State ID Cards must meet the following requirements:
- maximum upload size of 1MB
- pixel size of 118 x 118 (no exceptions)
- JPG format
- photo must be uploaded and accepted at least two weeks before receiving card
- no senior pictures or group photos
- full head and shoulders image
- taken face forward and on a solid white background; you may smile if you like
- no hats, caps, or sunglasses
- no derogatory photos; the staff reserve the right to reject submissions
- no social media pictures, altered images, or images that deviate from these criteria
How to Position the Photo
Our Ball State ID Card photo must show a clear, full-face, unobstructed frontal view of the person.
Your head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the top of the head to the bottom neckline and include the full hairline on each side. It is preferred that ears be exposed.
Head coverings are acceptable only if demonstrated to be worn in accordance with religious beliefs or as a result of medical treatments, and then, only if the head covering does not:
- obscure or obstruct a full frontal view of the face
- cast a shadow onto the face
- display any ornament, graphic design, insignia, symbol lettering, number or character affiliation other than the overall pattern of the fabric or material
- (any facial covering must be removed temporarily for the picture).
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you have questions we are happy to assist you.