Attention first time submitters! Our Graduate Assistants are offering office hours for individual consultation regarding research proposals or submissions using IRBNet. Taking advantage of these resources can significantly reduce the time you spend on revisions to your protocol! To learn more about this new program, visit the Education and Training section of our website or call our office.
Before submitting your proposal to Ball State University's Institutional Review Board, please make sure you complete the following steps:
1. Complete CITI Training.
2. Register on IRBNet.
3. Review submission deadlines for the Institutional Review Board.
4. Complete all pieces of the application. This will include the Human Subjects Research Application and Narrative form, along with any additional relevant documents. This might include informed consent documents, surveys, recruitment letters or e-mails, and so forth. Are you offering incentives to research participants? You may want to review some of the IRB resources.
5. Upload your project to IRBNet.
6. Share your project with your advisor and team members (if applicable).
7. The Principal Investigator and Faculty Advisor (if PI is student) must electronically sign off on the project.
Please note: Following the initial submission of your protocol, you may be asked to make some revisions before your project will be reviewed. If these pre-review revisions are not made and submitted within 60 days, your project will be withdrawn and must be re-submitted as a new project.
Copyright © 2015 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241