Please follow these steps to submit a new study on IRBNet:
- Use your username and password to sign in to IRBNet.
- Click “Create New Project,” located on the left side of the page.
- Enter project title and the first and last name of the principal investigator.
- After entering this information, you will be taken to the “Designer” page.
- You can access the designer page by clicking on “Designer” under the heading “Project Administration,” located on the left side of the page.
- Under “Step 2,” click on “Add New Document” to upload files. Putting together your project in this way is called “assembling your document package.” ______________________________________________________________________
For a New Study You Need To Upload the Following Documents
- Animal Teaching Protocol Form, Animal Breeding Colony Application Form, Laboratory Animal Research Protocol Application Form, and/or Non-Laboratory/Field Animal Protocol Form (depending on your research project, you may need to submit one or more of these documents)
- Human Subjects Research Application and Narrative form
- Any and all relevant project documents
- Informed Consent documents
- Parental Permission forms
- Recruitment Letters or E-mails
- Introductory Scripts
- Anything you will use in your study that will help the review committee understand your research topic and explains how you plan to conduct your research.
After uploading all documents:
- To share your study with others involved in the project, click on “Share this Project.” Select those users you wish to share your study with (if applicable).
- Next, click on “Sign this Package.”
- Your project is ready to be submitted to committee. Click on “Submit this Package.”
- Select the proper committee to review the study. Ball State University has four listed: ASPiRE, IACUC, IBC, and IRB. Highlight the committee and click "Continue."
- Select your “Submission Type,” and choose “New Project.”
- Click “Submit.”