Student Renters Insurance

If you rent an apartment from the University you must provide proof of renters insurance. It also makes good sense to purchase this insurance when renting off campus. Renters insurance, sometimes referred to as tenants insurance, includes coverage for: (1) personal possessions; (2) liability; and (3) additional living expenses.  Your personal possessions are protected against damage from fire, smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft and other disasters listed in the policy.  Renters insurance provides liability protection against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you may cause to other people.  Make sure you understand the details of what you are buying.  Comparison shop because prices will vary from one insurance company to another. Contact your local agent or you may also contact SallieMae Insurance Services at 1-800-625-1569 or visit

Office of Risk Management
Administration Building Room 103
2000 W. University Ave.
Muncie, Indiana 47306

Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
Phone: (765) 285-1110
Fax: (765) 285-1128
View E-mail Address