Student Property Insurance

You likely will be bringing valuable personal belongings with you to Ball State University. Your laptop. Your smartphone.  Your CD player. Your camera. Things which would cost a lot of money to replace if they were stolen, damaged, or lost.   Please note the University assumes no responsibility for your personal property. Consult with your parents regarding the best way to insurance your belongings. A voluntary option offered through the University is a low cost student personal property coverage from Haylor, Freyer, and Coon, Inc. at . On that site you will find an FAQ explaining the details of the insurance policy. You will also find helpful information on how to protect your computer and how to purchase the insurance.

The University does not receive any financial compensation from the insurance agent. The contract is between you and the insurance company.  Make sure you fully understand the insurance policy before you buy it. If you have general questions about this insurance, feel free to contact the Office of Risk Management at Ball State University at 765-285-1109.

Office of Risk Management
Administration Building Room 103
2000 W. University Ave.
Muncie, Indiana 47306

Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
Phone: (765) 285-1109
Fax: (765) 285-1128
View E-mail Address