If you are a member of the National Guard or a Reserve or active member of the U.S. military and you are called to active military duty during a semester or academic term, this policy applies to you.
- If you are called to active duty during the first half of a semester or term, will be withdrawn from all classes and be granted a full refund.
- If you are called to active duty during the second half of the semester or term, you may withdraw and receive a full tuition refund (grades will be issued at the discretion of instructors) or you may request incompletes and, if granted, complete requirements when you return to your studies.
- If you are living in university housing, we will prorate rent or room and board until you terminate your contract, and we will waive cancellation charges.
- If you received financial aid, you will be subject to the refund policies of the agency sponsoring the aid.
- If you are a graduate student, we will grant an extension of time for you to complete your degree requirements equivalent to your period of active duty (but not more than four years).
- If you are a graduate or doctoral assistant eligible for fee adjustments and you are called to active duty after the first half of a semester or in the second summer term, you may count your employment period as being equivalent to a semester.
- If you are a graduate assistant called to active duty for more than 15 days, we will allow you to resume your assistantship the first full semester immediately following your return from active duty as long as you reenroll as a full-time student.