Reporting a Crime

All crimes or suspected crimes on campus should be reported immediately to University Police.

Crimes occurring off campus can also be reported to University Police or to the Muncie Police Department, the Delaware County Police, or the Indiana State Police, depending upon where the incident occurred.

Emergencies: 911


Ball State Police:             (765) 285-1111
Muncie Police:                (765) 747-4838
Delaware County Police: (765) 747-7878
Indiana State Police:        (765) 282-1223

In response to a call, Ball State police will take the required action, either by dispatching an officer to the caller’s location or asking the caller to report to the Ball State police station to file an incident report. Ball State police reports involving students are referred to the Office of Student Rights and Community Standards for potential action, as appropriate. Ball State police investigators will investigate a report when it is deemed appropriate.