Personal Safety

If you have been a victim of a sexual assault, you will need to consider your personal safety. If there is another contact made or attempted by the perpetrator or anyone associated with the perpetrator, you should contact University police.

Contacting Housing and Residence Life if you live in residence halls or University Apartments is also beneficial to you and the well-being of others. For emergency shelter if you live off campus, you may be referred to A Better Way, 765-747-9107.

The University Police Department does not release the names of sexual assault victims. However, to keep the community informed and to help prevent future offenses, University Police must release sexual assault reports to appropriate university offices and to the news media.

As a victim, you are also protected under the Sexual Assault Victims' Bill of Rights
Student Rights and Community Standards
L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Room L-4
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie, IN 47306

Hours: M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Summer hours: 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Phone: 765-285-5036
Fax: 765-285-2856
View E-mail Address