Below is a list that includes information about some of the University provided applications and software that are most commonly used by students. If you have a question or need assistance with a technology-related issue, contacting the Technology HelpDesk is a great place to start.
- Antivirus: One of the most important things you can do to protect your computer is to run an updated antivirus program.
- Blackboard: A Web-based content management system that allows faculty to provide course content to students and allows students and faculty to communicate and collaborate.
- Communications Center (CommCenter): The Communications Center streamlines internal communications at Ball State, providing a more efficient and effective method for the university to share and receive timely announcements, news, and information.
- Course Evaluations: Online evaluations can be submitted during a designated time period.
- E-mail: Microsoft Exchange e-mail accounts are provided for faculty, staff, and students.
- Box: An online digital account that lets you store documents, pictures, and more that you can then access via computer and mobile devices.
Unified Technology Support
Tech Center, Bracken Library 101
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306
Hours: Welcome Week 8/14 - 8/20:
Monday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: noon - 5:00 pm
Sunday: noon - 5:00 pm
Fall Hours beginning 8/21:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 7:00pm
Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Technology HelpDesk Support - 24/7