Whether you perceive yourself to be healthy or ill, establishing a relationship with your family The LiveWell incentive encourages you to participate in a variety of ongoing health and wellness activities that help you live a healthy lifestyle while accumulating points for the Ball State incentive.
- Starts November 1, 2016
- Ends October 31, 2017
You must be benefit-eligible for this incentive. If your spouse is enrolled and has Ball State insurance as their primary health insurance, they are also eligible.
What You Need to Do
Participate in health and wellness activities to accumulate 20 points (the Life Health Assessment is 14 points).
What Activities Count for Points?
There are a variety of activities that hit the dimensions of wellness. Here are just a few examples. Note: Additional activities can be found at LifeWorks.com.
- Life Health Assessment – 14 points
- Completed Tobacco Cessation – 6 points per incentive year
- LiveWell Diabetes Prevention Program – 6 points per incentive year
- Outdoor Pursuits Trip Participation – 2 points per incentive year
- Currently Enrolled in Weight Watchers – 2 points per incentive year
- Activity/Nutrition Challenges (i.e., On the Road with the Cardinals, Step it up Challenge)
- Lunch and Learn Classes – 1 point per class
- Massage Therapy – 1 point per month
- Meditation in the Museum – 1 point per month
- Donate Blood – 1 point per incentive year
- Nutrition Counseling Session – 1 point per session
- 4 Hours of Volunteering – 1 point per incentive year
- LifeWorks Online Workshops – 1 point per workshop
- Health Coaching – 1 point per session
- 150 minutes of exercise – 1 point per week
- Bike/Walk to Work – 1 point per week
What You Can Receive
Once you have completed 20 points you are eligible to receive one of the following vouchers:
- two-semester pass at the Student Recreations and Wellness Center (SRWC) or Unlimited Academic Fit Pass for classes at the SRWC
- Adult Physical Fitness Program (joiner fee and four months membership) or
- $90 Voucher to
When Will You Get Your Voucher?
Working Well receives a report from Lifeworks every two weeks letting us know that you have recorded your 20 points. You will then be notified via your email account from Working Well asking you what incentive option you would like. Once you respond back to the email with your selection and verification of your office location on campus, it will be sent to you via interdepartmental mail to your office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Each program is independent of one another. You can receive one without receiving the other. If you are eligible, we do encourage you to participate in both incentives.
Each Incentive program starts on November 1st and will end on October 31st.
Working Well receives a report from Lifeworks letting us know that you have recorded your 20 points. You will then be notified via your email account from Working Well asking you what incentive option you would like. Once you respond back to the email with your selection and verification of your office location on campus, it will be sent to you via interdepartmental mail to your office.
All vouchers will expire 1 year after issue date.
Working Well receives an eligibility report every two weeks. Once Working Well receives that report you will contacted via email to ask which incentive voucher you prefer.
No. All purchases are final. No refunds or credits are available.
Participants are responsible for any expense greater than the face value of the voucher.
When choosing the two-semester membership or fit pass you will receive two $90 vouchers that can be redeemed individually or together.
Yes, you will receive two $90 vouchers and if you would like to redeem both of them in the same semester for a membership and a fit pass, just make the SRWC aware of your choice upon redemption.
Once you have qualified, you will receive an email from Working Well to confirm your choice of voucher and verify your departmental address. Vouchers will be sent to you through interdepartmental mail or you may come by our office to pick them up.
Your voucher is a one-time credit that cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
No, all vouchers must be redeemed before their expiration date as there will be no extensions provided beyond the expiration date on the voucher.
Yes, a $90 voucher is available for redemption at the Cardinal Kid’s Camp. Just take your voucher to the SRWC office and make them aware of your choice.
Take your vouchers to the location of your choice where they will be redeemed at that time.