1. Instructors have the authority for the assignment of grades. (This requirement allows for collective responsibility, as when a faculty committee has the authority to override a grade on appeal.)
2. The institution refrains from the transcription of credit from other institutions or providers that it will not apply to its own programs.
3. The institution has formal and current written agreements for managing internships and clinical placements.
4. A predominantly or solely single-purpose institution in fields that require licensure for practice is also accredited by or is actively in the process of applying to a recognized specialized accrediting agency for each field, if such agency exists.
5. Instructors communicate course requirements to students through syllabi.
7. Institutional data on student retention, persistence, and completion are accurate and address the full range of students who enroll.
View Criterion Four: Teaching and Learning—Evaluation and Improvement
Copyright © 2015 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241