The charge of the Working Group (WING) on Fiscal/Economic/Political Environment is to provide assistance to the Strategic Planning Committee through the following ways:
- Gather, review, and analyze data and other background materials on factors from the fiscal/economic/political environment that are influencing the future of the university, including, but not limited to, regional, state, and federal laws, regulations, and mandates; state and federal legislative updates and proposals; local, state, and federal fiscal and economic issues; rules and regulations from the Indiana Commission on Higher Education; issues around the increasing public demand for transparency and accountability; issues concerning college affordability; and other public policy issues.
- Based upon readings, analyses, discussions and input from subject matter experts and work group members, prepare a brief paper summarizing the most important aspects of the fiscal/political/economic environment that should be considered as the university develops its long-term vision for 2040 and strategic priorities for 2023.
- Provide the paper and recommended reading list to the Strategic Planning Committee by April 16, 2018.
- Provide additional support as requested by the Strategic Planning Committee.
- Endorse, follow, and promote the guiding principles for the strategic planning process.
Associate Vice President of Business Affairs
Planning Committee Liaisons
Vice President for Strategy, Engagement, and Communications for the Ball State University Foundation
Associate Vice President for Facilities Planning and Management
- Amanda Latz, Associate Professor of Educational Studies (Teachers College)
- John McPherson, Executive Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships (Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships)
- Mark Helmus, Senior Vice President for Development (Ball State University Foundation)
- Darren Wheeler, Associate Professor of Political Science (College of Sciences and Humanities)
- John Horowitz, Chair of the Department of Economics (Miller College of Business)
- Sam Snideman, Director of Governmental Relations (Governmental Relations)
What Do You Think?
If you have a comment or suggestion for the Fiscal/Economic/Political Environment Working Group (WING), please share it with our members by emailing us.