Ball State’s programs continue to earn national rankings and recognitions. Here are just a few of our recent endorsements. Read more
about our rankings.
• U.S. News & World Report ranked Ball State 20th among “up-and-coming” colleges and universities in 2010, placing us among institutions “that recently made the most promising and innovative changes
in the areas of academics, faculty, student life, campus, or facilities.”
• The Princeton Review recognized the university in the comprehensive 2010 Guide to 286 Green Colleges. We were the only public institution in Indiana to be listed among the country’s most environmentally responsible colleges and universities.
• U.S. News & World Report recognized our first-year programs for the seventh year in a row.
• Ball State has been named one of the best universities in the Midwest—the top 25 percent—by The Princeton Review for six years.
• U.S. News & World Report has ranked our entrepreneurship program among the top 10 since 1999.
• In 2010, U.S. News & World Report ranked our online master’s program in nursing as the 11th largest in the nation.
• The 2010 edition of Design Intelligence’s “America’s Best Architecture and Design Schools” gave high marks
to our landscape architecture programs, placing the undergraduate program in the top 10 for the fourth straight year and the graduate program in the top 10 for the third consecutive year. Plus, the landscape architecture program earned the highest distinction in the 2010 edition of Design Intelligence’s “The Cramer Report: America’s World-Class Landscape Architecture Schools.”
• Our School of Music was recognized by In Tune magazine in its “Best Music Schools” 2009 and 2010 listings, placing us among other elite institutions such as Juilliard, Oberlin, and the New England Conservatory.
• Ball State won a 2010 W3 Silver Award for its campus map iPhone app (also available for Android). Judged by the International Academy of the Visual Arts, the W3 Awards honor outstanding Web sites, Web marketing, Web video, and mobile apps created by some of the best agencies, designers, and creators worldwide.
• In 2010, Ball State received a Second Nature Climate Leadership Award, recognizing one of the best examples of how institutions of higher education are shifting behavior on campus and within communities to make a low- carbon economy possible, and the Hoosier Environmental Council’s Technology Innovator of the Year award.
• Ball State’s classification within the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching rose to research university, high research activity (RU/H) in 2011.
• Ball State ranks sixth in the nation for improvement in graduation rates among public research institutions between 2001 and 2008 by The Chronicle of Higher Education (published December 2010).
Copyright © 2014 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241