The Ball State University Teaching and Research Greenhouse, located in the southeast portion of Christy Woods was constructed in 1992 and houses the main teaching collection, plants to meet class needs and space for faculty and student research projects.
The greenhouse is a 3,400 square foot room, and contains eight large benches that hold the plants. There is a small room attached to the east side of the greenhouse, approximately 70 square feet, which houses the mechanical equipment, including water conditioning tanks, the steam lines and water heater, sink, and storage. The entrance to the facility is on the north side of the greenhouse through a small foyer. To the east of the Teaching and Research Greenhouse stands a small cold frame greenhouse that is used to propagate native plants for installation into various habitats at Christy Woods and the other field station properties.
Copyright © 2014 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241