Respondus 4.0 is a tool for creating and managing tests that can be published directly into Blackboard. You can create your test using Word or plain text (textedit) and import the questions into Respondus where you can add images, equations, and more into each question. Or you can create your test directly in Respondus choosing 15 different question types that are supported in Blackboard.
Placing your test in Respondus 4.0 provides a way to create a printed copy for students who are unable to take the test in Blackboard. You can also use Respondus to retrieve a test that is already in Blackboard to make edits or to print a copy.
Ball State has a campus license that is available to all faculty. To download a copy follow these steps:
- Log into Blackboard
- Click the Content Collection in the upper right of the Ball State Blackboard page
- Click on the Institution Content link in the content collection menu on the left
- Click on the Respondus link
- Click on the Respondus 4.0 Installation and Setup.pdf link
- *Recommend: Print out the PDF file for your reference
- Click on the Respondus4Campus.exe file
- Follow the steps to install
- Be sure to install the patch (link in the PDF goes directly to the patch file)
- The campus-wide License information that is located in the PDF will be needed to complete the installation
Respondus 4.0 is a Windows only application, but Mac users can set up your computer to allow installation and use of this powerful tool.
To inquire about running Windows on Mac, as well as all other Respondus 4.0 inquiries, please contact the Technology Helpdesk.
*Using the Testing Labs for Blackboard Tests:
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the
testing environment for Blackboard tests that are taken in a testing lab
on the Ball State campus. You must set this option on your Blackboard
test to utilize the feature in the testing lab.