In the biotechnology certificate program, you will learn innovative biotechnical approaches by exploring concepts such as:
- production of recombinant molecules, made possible through sponsorship by Origene
- isolation, quantification and electrophoresis of DNA, RNA, and protein
- experiments in proteomics
- design and optimization of PCR and R T-PCR applications
- cell and tissue culture and transfection
- bioinformatic database analyses of genomes, proteomics, and evolutionary relationships
Completing the program will equip you with in-demand research and laboratory skills to prepare you for graduate school or for a career in biotechnology. Our program helps you achieve this by providing:
- courses with small class sizes
- internships within biotechnological industries
- instruction in professional development and research design/presentation
- numerous multi-disciplinary, hands-on experiences using our state-of-the-art laboratories, equipment, and software
Upon completion of the program, you will receive a certificate verifying the successful mastery of the program requirements.
Next, learn about the program requirements and admissions process for the biotechnology certificate program.
The Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for the Biotechnology program is
26.1201. Information regarding estimated costs is available here.