You will learn innovative biotechnical approaches in our exciting biotechnology certificate program. Explore concepts such as:
- production of recombinant molecules, made possible through sponsorship by Origene
- isolation, quantification and electrophoresis of DNA, RNA, and protein
- experiments in proteomics
- design and optimization of PCR and R T-PCR applications
- cell and tissue culture and transfection
- bioinformatic database analyses of genomes, proteomics, and evolutionary relationships
After completing the program, you will have the in-demand research and laboratory skills for graduate school or a career in biotechnology. Our program helps you achieve this by providing:
- courses with small class sizes
- internships within biotechnological industries
- instruction in professional development and research design/presentation
- numerous multi-disciplinary, hands-on experiences using our state-of-the-art laboratories, equipment, and software
Upon completion of the program, you will receive a certificate verifying the successful mastery of the program requirements.
The Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for the Biotechnology program is
26.1201. Information regarding estimated costs is available here.