Field Trip/Study Required Forms


Every fall semester it has been the tradition of CAP to incorporate a one-week field trip (Architrek) as part of our student's studio education. Our students have traveled far (e.g., Canada; Italy; New York City; Minneapolis-St. Paul; Philadelphia; Portland; San Francisco; Seattle) and near (e.g., Michigan; Ohio; and within Indiana).

Field trips are voluntary, but a course grade may be lowered if students do not go on a field trip or do not complete adequate make-up as assigned.

U.S. TRAVEL (one week or more) FORMS:

  • Emergency Information
  • Conduct & Statement of Responsibility
  • Liability Release Agreement

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL (Rinker Center for International Programs) FORMS:


Estimating the cost of a field trip is difficult as the number of students participating and sharing the cost of the trip vary from semester to semester. Field trip expenses typically covered are: airfare, lodging, area transportation, tour-entrance fees. Field trip expenses typically not covered are: meals.

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: International field trip/study expenses required by the University for International Travel not typically covered are: passport, visa (for Russia only), International Student ID Card, HTH Worldwide Insurance (beginning January 1, 2010). For information on the International Student ID Card and the HTH Worldwide Insurance, please contact Kelly Kirkwood, Rinker Center for International Programs.


U.S. TRAVEL: Students will need to take a Field Trip Bursar Deposit form to the Bursar's Office (Lucina Hall B31) along with payment. 

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: Students will need to take a Permission to Enroll form to the Bursar's Office (Lucina Hall B31) along with payment. 

Students should NOT pay on line via eBill as payment may be applied to the student's general bursar account and not to the field trip account. A signed Bursar Deposit is a binding agreement on the part of the student to participate and pay said costs of the field trip. Field trip costs are estimated based on the number of students agreeing to participate and pay an equal share of the total trip expenses.


Department of Architecture
Architecture Building (AB), Room 402
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306

Phone: 765-285-1900
Fax: 765-285-1765