Graduate Architecture

How to Apply

Review M.Arch Application Checklist


We offer two options for completing the master of architecture (M.Arch) professional degree.

Two-year M. Arch program for those who have an undergraduate degree in architecture from universities offering an accredited architecture program (begins fall semester).

Three-year M. Arch program for those holding a bachelor's degree in a field other than architecture (begins summer semester).


For course descriptions and complete information on program requirements, please consult the Ball State University Graduate Catalog.

Consider a Ball State graduate certificate to supplement your graduate education in a specific, focused area of study outside of, or related to, your degree program. The Department of Architecture offers a Certificate in Digital Design and Fabrication. Contact Janice Shimizu, Graduate Program Director, to discuss in further detail.


As you prepare for admission, look into our graduate assistantships. A limited number of graduate assistantships are available to qualified master’s degree candidates based on merit. In exchange for full or part time teaching, research or service work, graduate assistants receive a stipend along with a partial tuition waiver.

Be sure to explore departmental scholarships and College of Architecture and Planning scholarships as well. For more information other options such as grants and loans, visit the university's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships website. The Midwest Student Exchange Program may also provide financial assistance (note: students receiving a graduate assistantship are not MSEP eligible).


If you haven't visited Ball State - please come meet our architecture faculty and students, tour our facilities, and find out more about our program. Please follow us:
Instagram: @ballstate_architecture