This is a sample schedule for the teaching degree in physical science, high school and middle school option. It does not include the classes you will need for your University Core Curriculum. This sample schedule is for the junior and high schools teaching option. This schedule may change depending on the year you begin your program.
You can find full course descriptions in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- CHEM 111 General Chemistry 1
- MATHS 165 Calculus 1
- CHEM 112 General Chemistry 2
- MATHS 166 Calculus 2
- BIO 111 Principles of Biology
- CHEM 231 Organic Chemistry 1
- PHYCS 120 General Physics 1
- EDMUL 205 Intro to Multicultural Ed.
- EDPSY 251 Human Dev. fro Secondary Ed.
- CHEM 232 Organic Chemistry 2
- CHEM 225 Chemical Analysis
- PHYCS 122 General Physics 2
- BIO 112 Principles of Biology 2
- CHEM 463 Principles of Biochemistry 1
- PHYCS 260 Intro to Modern Physics
- PHYCS 262 Modern Physics Lab
- EDPSY 390 Educational Psychology
- CHEM 450 Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 470 Independant Study
- GEOG 230 Elementary Meteorology
- SCI 395 Intro to Teaching Science
- EDFON 420 Foundations of Ed.
- CHEM 344 Physical Chemistry 1
- SCI 396 Methods and Materials
- EDSEC 380 Principles of Teaching Sec. School
- EDJHM 385 Priniciples of Teaching Mid. School
- GEOL 102 Earth, Life, and Time
- EDSEC 460 Student Teaching: Sec. School
- EDSEC 460 Student Teaching: Mid. School
ASTRO 120 Stars and Stellar Systems
- ASTRO 121 Astronomy Lab
Department of Chemistry
Ball State University
Cooper Physical Science Building, room 305
Muncie, IN 47306
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays