Our classrooms and specialized research laboratories are in the Cooper Physical Science Building. You will have the opportunity to use our high-tech scientific equipment which includes:
- 400 and 300 MHz multinuclear NMR spectrometers
- FT-IR Spectrometers
- Gas Chromatographs
- High Performance Liquid Chromatographs
- Fluorescence spectrometers
- Flame AA/AE and graphite furnace AA
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter
- Laser Flash Photolysis
We also house a variety of computer workstations for your use. These workstations are equipped with a wide variety of chemistry-related software packages.
In addition, you'll have access to Ball State's excellent library facilities and several computer centers. Our department has a new computer lab and several recently remodeled teaching and research laboratories.