Each year, the Ball State chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma offers a book scholarship to a CJC student. This award is meant to offset the materials costs for the winning student.
Alpha Phi Sigma is the only Criminal Justice Honor Society for Criminal Justice majors. The society recognizes academic excellence of undergraduate, graduate students of criminal justice, as well as juris doctorate.
Requirements for membership into APS:
1. Must have a declared major, minor in the criminal justice related field
2. Must have completed three full semesters
3. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or rank in the upper 35% of their class
4. Completed a minimum of four courses in CJC
5. Must be committed to chapter meetings and activities.
The scholarship is administered by Alpha Phi Sigma and the department. For more information contact Tina Edwards in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology located at North Quad 278 on the Ball State campus.