- 96% of the Pre-Interior Design students in
2014 passed portfolio review and entered upper division courses (junior).
- 50% of the students who graduated in
AY2012-13 graduated within 4 years.
- 92% of the students enrolled during spring
2013 semester returned fall 2013, putting attrition at 8%.
- 86% of five year alumni and 50% of one year
alumni respondents report full time employment by August 2013.
- 57% of five year alumni
and 100 percent of one year alumni
are employed in Indiana. Among five year
alumni, 29% were employed in the Northeast and 14% were employed in other
- Also among five
year Ball State Interior Design alumni, 57 percent earn between $40,000-$50,000
and 43% report earning $30,000-$39,000
per year. Half of all one year graduates
report earning $30,000 to $39,999 per year, while half earn less than $20,000.
Placement statistics are based on our 2013 Ball State Baccalaureate Alumni
Survey of 2007-2008 (surveyed approximately five years after graduation) and
2011-2012 (surveyed approximately one year after graduation) Ball State
Interior Design graduates.
- Forty-three percent of five year (Academic year 2008-2009
graduates) enrolled in graduate school.
- None of the one year alumni respondents had enrolled in a
graduate program (within a year of graduation.)
- One-third of five year alumni respondents report taking
the NCIDQ exam in 2011 or earlier. None
of the one year alumni had yet taken the NCIQD at the time of the survey (July
- 33% of five year alumni and 20 percent of 1 year alumni
had taken the LEED exam at the time of the survey.
- Yasha Ogg, Junior student received first place in
an ASID Indiana student design competition in 2014.
- Jordan Woodall received the third place in IIDA Indiana
student design competition in 2014.
Mackenzie Theisen, Junior student received second place
in a regional Construction Specialties design competition in 2014.