At Ball State, 80 percent of our students are eligible for financial aid. The Department of Economics offers several scholarships to our students.
There are two scholarship opportunities:
- All incoming freshmen are eligible for scholarship awards.
- Our most hard-working and talented upper-class students may receive scholarships to help out.
Beyond departmental support, the university also offers scholarships and financial aid.
The scholarship is awarded to incoming freshmen majoring in economics or mathematical economics. Students who plan to pursue graduate study after receiving an undergraduate degree are given preference.
- be an incoming freshman
- major in economics or mathematical economics
- have an academic index of 3.0 or higher, or transfer students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- earn an SAT score of 1000 under the old system) or 1500 under the new system
The fund provides financial assistance to a nontraditional undergraduate junior or senior majoring in economics in the Miller College of Business.
- be a nontraditional student
- major in economics
- have junior or senior standing
- earn a GPA of at least 3.0
Paying for Your Education