Several opportunities are available for scholarships, awards, and financial aid for graduate students.
The Ball State Alumni Association offers two scholarships:
Four scholarships specific to English graduate students are available through the department. Students are encouraged to apply for any scholarship they are eligible for.
Grants and other financial aid opportunities are also available.
The English Department offers teaching and research assistantships to master’s and doctoral candidates on a competitive basis.
If you are a new applicant and wish to be considered for an assistantship, be sure to check the appropriate box on the Graduate School application. Applications are due by January 15.
Graduate assistants currently earn the following per academic year:
- Master’s students: $11, 903.00
- Doctoral students: $15,284.00
- Summer session assistantships, if available, are funded at 15 percent of the academic year stipend
- $500 housing allowance if students live on campus
- Tuition is covered, but not fees, which equal about $1,600 a year
The final stipend amount is subject to change.
Decisions about assistantships are generally made in March and announced in April.