For decades, the field of teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) has been growing worldwide. We need more teachers!
To pursue this license you need to:
- Be enrolled in your subject-area license program with good GPA standing
- Earn these 15 credit hours:
- ENG 334 English Linguistics for Educators
- ENG 436 Theory and Research of TESOL (offered in fall)
- ENG 437 TESOL Methods (offered in fall)
- ENG 438 TESOL Assessment and Curriculum Development (offered in spring).
- ENG 457 TESOL Practicum (offered in spring)
- Have a partial placement with English Language Learners during student teaching