The technology and engineering education program prepares you to teach technology-based courses at the middle school and high school levels. Your education will set you apart from other middle, high, and vocational school teachers.
In this specially designed program, you'll be exposed to the latest technology and learn about educational methods.
You'll take technology courses in communication, construction, manufacturing, and transportation and gain real-world experience working with materials, processes, energy systems, robots, and computers. You'll also learn about the principles of teaching and classroom strategies.
The program is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA) , and the Council on Technology and Engineering Teacher Education (CTETE).
Electronic Portfolios. All education majors are required to produce an electronic portfolio highlighting their development as teachers. The portfolio is an excellent opportunity for technology students to showcase their Web development and other technology skills.
About the Program: Teaching Major in Technology and Engineering Education
Mission Statement - Technology and Engineering Education
Technology and Engineering Education – Mission Statement :
The primary mission of Ball State's Teaching Major in Technology and Engineering Education is to develop outstanding lab-based teachers.
Technology and Engineering Education – Program Goals :
Graduates of the program will . . .
- Demonstrate a broad understanding and competence in the general education.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of technology, its evolution, utilization, significance, and relationships to individuals, society, and the environment.
- Acquire abilities and teaching competencies necessary to meet individual needs.
- Identify, develop, implement, and evaluate content and strategies for teaching others to design, engineer, produce, use, and assess technology.
- Be prepared to apply for Indiana certification and employment as a technology and engineering teacher.
- Be expected to excel as a technology and engineering teacher, representing and promoting the profession in a positive manner.