Applications for the EA and EE Burgess Scholarship, Helen J. Snyder Memorial Scholarship, Warner Family and Consumer Sciences Scholarship and Joyce Rasdall Scholarship may be obtained by clicking Schlorship Incoming Freshman App 2013 , and also include the reference form or by contacting:
Pam Stigall, Chairperson of Schlorship Committee
Department of Family and Consumer Science
Applied Technology Building RM 150
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306-0250
Fax: (765) 285-2314
Other scholarships available to incoming freshmen: (Please contact the Office of Admissions for information. Also note these scholarships will be awarded to students who have declared their major, or minor in the case of the Johnston Family Scholarship, in the department of Family and Consumer Sciences and have received admission to Ball State University by early December of the year prior to their entry to the University.)
Other scholarships available for students in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences:
MILDRED MOORE SCHOLARSHIP - This renewable scholarship will be for an incoming freshman. You must meet the following criteria.
a. Must be an incoming freshman to apply.
b. Must meet the following criteria:
-submit application which includes essay and activities/leadership
-include two reference forms from High School teachers and one reference form from the School Guidance Counselor
- declared major in FCS Department
- other selection criteria which must be demonstrated:
1) strong intellectual ability, high motivation, and excellent personal standards addressed in the reference forms
2) grade point average of 3.5 or above
c. Criteria for maintaining the scholarship:
- complete a minimum of one course in their FCS major each semester.
- be enrolled full time (minimum of 12 credit hours) each semester and demonstrate progress toward a degree in Family and Consumer Sciences.
- maintain a 3.5 GPA (no rounding) in their major AND at least a 3.0 GPA overall.
- individuals must maintain membership and involvement in an FCS student organizatin and hold a leadership role.
-Failure to comply with all of these criteria will result in the loss of your scholarship.
4. Deadlines: Moore scholarship applications, essays, rubrics of recommendation must be submitted to Pam Stigall by March 1st no later than 4:00 pm.
Copyright © 2016 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241