We Take Your Passions Seriously
- Our robust academic offerings and more than 140 programs enable you to choose what’s best for you.
- Each year, more than 4,500 graduate students choose Ball State for the depth and quality of our programs and the forward thinking research they conduct with our stellar faculty.
- We have approximately 940 assistantships that provide our students with financial flexibility and professional experiences to prepare them for the work force.
- In 2015, Realtor.com named Muncie Indiana the most affordable college town.
- A degree from Ball State University has nearly 100 years of strength and academic respect behind it and is known as a world-class institution.
- We’re the first in the country to earn learner support certification from Quality Matters, a nationally recognized standard of best practices for online and blended learning. Our challenging curricula are respected by companies and organizations and will set you apart from the crowd in your field.
- Enrollment growth this year is the largest in five years.
Diversity is part of the fabric of Ball State. Students feel supported, they feel welcome, and they feel encouraged to achieve.
EdD in Adult, Higher, and Community Education, ‘15
Assistant Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs for Clemson University
“Graduate study at Ball State supports the university's mission by seeking to develop the intellectual breadth and specialized training necessary for careers in teaching, in research, and in the professions. Graduate programs emphasize the knowledge, methods, and skills needed for scholarly teaching, problem solving and original research, creative inquiry and expression, and intellectual leadership to prepare responsible civic and professional leaders for our community, the state, nation, and the world.
“The problems and issues facing society require new knowledge and new ways of using existing knowledge, especially with the continuing advancement of technology. To meet the challenges of working in a global society, graduate programs provide an atmosphere which fosters scholarship, creative activity, intellectual freedom, interdisciplinary study, student/faculty collaboration, and integrity of action within a diverse climate of teachers and learners.”
Graduate Student Success Stories
Read about the experiences of some of our outstanding students:
- Joshua Barkley used his expertise and passion for plants as a teaching assistant to help students learn and retain information and won the 2016 Graduate Assistant of the Year Award.
- Dan Tracy let his passion for coaching football drive his thesis project which earned him the 2015-2016 Distinguished Master's Thesis Award.
- Dr. Robin Phelps-Ward applied her belief in the power of mentoring and her enthusiasm for the relationship between scholarship and teaching to craft a doctoral project and dissertation that won the Alumni Association's Distinguished Dissertation Award.