What You Need to Do before the Big Day
Congratulations! You’ve made it … well, almost.
As you near the end of your graduate studies, you may be wondering about the final steps necessary to receive your degree or certificate.
Please remember, graduation is not automatic. You must apply to graduate whether or not you plan to participate in the ceremony.
Steps to Prepare for Graduation
- Consult with your program advisor about the following steps.
- Apply for graduation by the designated deadline and pay the required fee.
- Ensure that all necessary course work and exams are complete.
- Make sure that the final product necessary for graduation meets the requirements set by the Graduate School, whether that final product is a final paper or creative project. See Develop Your Degree Plan.
- Refer to the Commencement webpage for specifics about what you need the day of the ceremony.