What if I don't finish in a semester?

If you don't complete your thesis during the semester in which you are enrolled in HONR 499, your advisor may submit a grade of “I” (incomplete). This will appear on your record until you complete the thesis and a permanent letter grade is assigned.

It’s fairly common for students to take more than one semester to finish their projects. The "I" grade must be removed within one calendar year from the date it is awarded and before the grading period of the semester in which you plan to graduate. If it is not removed within this time period, a grade of F will be recorded. Your thesis advisor will need to turn in a grade-change form to replace the "I" (incomplete).