Whether you’re a manager, administrator, human resource professional, project manager, technician, or other business professional, you can enhance your skills in the areas of marketing, communications, community affairs, and media relations with an online, on-campus, or blended graduate certificate in public relations corporate communications.
In these rapidly changing, competitive times, the flexibility of this online graduate certificate program and the study of public relations case studies and campaigns may be the advantage you need. You can apply credits earned in the graduate certificate toward a master’s degree in public relations.
Or if you're a school administrator, consider our graduate certificate in education communications.
Courses You Will Take
You are required to complete 15 credit hours to receive this certificate. Courses can be taken in any order.
Required Courses (9 credit hours)
All of these courses are taught by faculty in Ball State's Department of Journalism:
- PR 620 Seminar in Public Relations Foundations (3 credit hours)
- PR 662 Public Relations Case Studies (3 credit hours)
- PR 665 Public Relations Campaigns (3 credit hours)
Elective Courses (6 or more credit hours)
You may choose two courses from any of the following offered through Ball State’s Miller College of Business:
- ACC 501 Financial Accounting (3 credit hours)
- ECON 509 Survey of Economics (3 credit hours)
- FIN 500 Corporate Finance (3 credit hours)
- ISOM 551 Operations Management (3 credit hours)
- MBA 601 Entrepreneurship Leadership (3 credit hours)
- MGT 500 Organizational Behavior (3 credit hours)
- MKG 505 Survey of Marketing (3 credit hours)
Costs and Financial Aid
Basic tuition for online and main-campus study is the same, but on-campus study requires additional fees for student services, health, recreation, and housing.
Take the Next Step
Apply now or request information.