in a rapidly evolving media environment, in-depth reporting and advanced storytelling
skills are in high demand by employers.
Our five-course graduate certificate in literary or long-form
journalism is offered exclusively online. It provides working professionals and recent undergraduate students
from varied writing backgrounds with a competitive advantage through the study of communication theory, reporting and research methods, and literary
journalism. This is a professional-based program designed to provide the
innovative narrative nonfiction skills required of today’s—and tomorrow’s—journalists.
Additionally, courses taken in the program will apply toward a master's degree in journalism.
Courses You Will Take
- JOUR 601 Studies in Journalism and Communication Theory
- JOUR 613 Seminar in Literary Journalism
- JOUR 614 Writing Literary Journalism
- JOUR 615 Reporting and Research Methods
- JOUR 698 Special Topics: Storytelling
Costs and Financial Aid
Learn more about tuition and financial aid.
Take the Next Step
Apply now or request information.