Students follow the elementary education Decision Points.
Only open to candidates who currently hold or who are pursuing a license in elementary: intermediate education. Middle school/Junior High licensure in mathematics will be granted when the following criteria are met:
- all requirements for the elementary intermediate license;
- completion of the following mathematics content courses with a C- or better grade;
- completion of the following mathematics content courses with a 2.5 minimum grade point average;
- completion of the professional education courses with a 2.5 minimum grade-point average;
- passing score on the PRAXIS II exam for middle school mathematics.
Middle school/junior high content area, mathematics, 24-31 hours.
MATH 161 - Applied Calculus 1 (3)
MATH 165 - Calculus 1 (4)
MATH 181 - Elementary Probability and Statistics (3)
MATH 310 - Topics in Algebra for the Elementary and Middle School Teacher (3)
MATH 316 - Topics in Number Theory for the Elementary and Middle School Teacher (3)
MATH 330 - Technology in Elementary and Middle School Mathematics (3)
MATH 360 - Topics in Geometry for the Elementary and Middle School Teacher (3)
Professional education, 6-12 hours
EDJH 385 - Principlees of Teaching in the Middle School (3)
MATH 393 - Teaching and Learning Mathematics in the Middle School (3)
Additional student teaching (0-6)
Additional student teaching may be waived if elementary student teaching is in grade 5 or grade 6.
For course descriptions and prerequisites, please see the Mathematical Sciences section of the current Undergraduate Course Catalog.