You must be fully admitted and receive a letter of acceptance from both the Ball State Graduate School and the Miller College of Business before registering in MBA courses.
Our 6-step checklist will help you understand the admission requirements and process:
1. Apply and meet the requirements of the Ball State Graduate School. Complete this step first. Send official copies of your undergraduate transcript(s) to Ball State. These same transcripts will be forwarded to the Miller College of Business, if you are accepted for graduate study at Ball State.
2. Submit your completed MBA application to the Miller College of Business.
3. Review the admission requirements for the Miller College of Business MBA program:
4. Take the GMAT or GRE and request that scores be sent to Ball State. The Miller College of Business will accept scores that are current (within the last five years) toward application. The code number for Ball State is 1051.
The GMAT or GRE is waived for any prospective student who has the following degrees from an accredited college or university: JD, PhD, PharmD, or MD.
Not sure which test is best for you? Review the following websites to learn more and find testing locations near you. If you still have questions, contact us.
The Ball State Graduate School offers more information about preparing for the GMAT and GRE.
5. Prepare a one- or two-page resume or curriculum vita for use by the Miller College of Business Admissions Selection Committee. Portray your work and educational history in a professional style. List employment in reverse chronological order, and include your title, dates of employment, and an indication of whether each listing was a part-time or full-time job. Also list your educational records in reverse chronological order and indicate dates of attendance and the degrees you obtained. Include any other information you would normally put on your resume. You'll be able to copy and paste this resume as you fill out the MBA application in next step.
6. Letters of recommendation. Provide two professional and two personal letters of recommendation. Those letters should be forwarded to the Miller College of Business .
Copyright © 2015 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241