Ball State's MBA Association (MBAA) is excited to host the second annual MBA Leadership Case Competition, March 20-21, 2015 in Muncie, Indiana, on the campus of Ball State University. The 2015 case will ask students to examine leadership as it relates to entrepreneurship and innovation. Friday's events include registration and welcoming activities. Competition and awards will take place on Saturday.
Team Requirements and Registration
- Participants must be enrolled in a one-year or two-year MBA program, either as a full-time or part-time student.
- Each team may consist of 1-4 students.
Case Distribution and Submission
- Cases will be distributed by email at noon Eastern Time on Friday, March 13, 2015. All case information will be sent to the team leader. It is the responsibility of the team leader to distribute the case information to team members.
- All presentation materials must be finalized and submitted by email by noon Eastern Time on Friday, March 20, 2015. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a backup, please bring a flash drive with your team’s presentation to your presentation appointment.
- Presentation times will be randomly selected. Teams will be
informed of their presentation order during Friday night’s welcoming
activities. The presentation order is final. No switching will be
- A preparation/study room will be available for each team beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- There will be one round of presentations.
Each team will have 15 minutes to present their findings, followed by a 10-minute Q&A session. Breaks between teams will be 5 minutes.
- Presentations will start at 9 a.m. on Saturday.
- All members should contribute to the preparation and delivery of the presentation.
- A laptop and projection screen will be available in the presenting rooms.
- Please bring 10 copies of your presentation for the judges.
- The team of judges is comprised of industry professionals, advisory board members, and/or faculty members.
- Judges are responsible for evaluating teams on relevant solutions to the case and the quality of the presentation.
- The awards ceremony will take place 15 minutes after the conclusion of the final presentation.
- $500 will be awarded to the first-place team.
- First, second, and third place teams will each receive a team plaque.
For more information, please contact the Office of MBA and Graduate Certificate Programs at 765-285-1931.