All off-campus courses offered by Ball State are considered residence or campus credit. Upon recommendation of the departmental chairperson and with the approval of the dean of the Graduate School, work taken for graduate credit at other institutions may be transferred in partial fulfillment of degree requirements under the following conditions:
- Transfer of credit will be considered for graduate work taken at regionally accredited institutions only.
- All work must have been completed within the time limit of six years allowed to complete a master’s degree at Ball State University.
- Only graduate courses in which you have earned a grade B or better may be considered for transfer credit. A grade of B- is not transferable.
- Hours of credit may be transferred, but grades in courses taken at another institution do not transfer and are not used in computing your grade point average (GPA) at Ball State.
- When a graduate course is taken at another university on a credit/no credit or pass/fail option, hours of “credit” or “pass” are accepted as transferable if approved by the program administrator.
- A master’s degree candidate may transfer up to 9 credit hours from other regionally accredited institutions provided the courses meet institutional requirements and are appropriate for your planned and approved program.
- Credit in courses taken by correspondence is not applicable toward any graduate degree.
How to Transfer Graduate Course Credit
- Complete a Course Credit Transfer Request form and submit it to the program administrator in Whitinger Business Building, room 303.
- Have official transcripts mailed from the college or university to the program administrator.
- Be prepared to submit additional course information (a syllabus, catalog description, textbook reference, and professor’s telephone number) to the program administrator.
- If the college or university is not accredited by the Association to Advance College Schools of Business, also called AACSB International, be prepared to take an oral or written exam on the subject matter being considered for transfer at the discretion of the academic department. Note: No more than 6 credit hours of course work can be transferred from institutions that are not AACSB accredited.
For more information, call 765-285-5100 or write to:
Director of Graduate Studies in Accounting
Department of Accounting
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306