Here's a quick look at what's required for a finance major.
You’ll need 120 hours total (see all the requirements for bachelor of arts degrees and the University Core Curriculum), including the concentration areas listed below.
Pick up sample schedules at the Office of Student Services (Whitinger Business Building, room 147) or take a look below. You can look up complete course descriptions in the undergraduate catalog.
You'll start out as a pre-business major and apply to the finance program. Advisors will help you review your options.
In addition to the Miller College of Business core requirements, you'll also take required courses for the finance major.
FINANCE MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
Download requirements and 2-year advising plan (PDF).
- FIN 301: Principles of Finance 2
- FIN 310: Principles of Investments 1
- FIN 320: Financial Markets 1
- FIN 410: Principles of Investments 2
- FIN 420: Financial Markets 2
- FIN 490: Decision Making in Finance
- 9 credit hours elective credit (see your academic advisor)