The computer technology program transforms students into technology leaders in a sustainable global economy. This is achieved by presenting students with a strong foundation in the concepts, theories, and practices that serve as the basis for the varying aspects of information technology. This includes the design, implementation, and adminstration of secured systems and networks. Students have the opportunity to develope expertise in specialty areas of interest through electives in higher level technology courses.
Since the purpose of information technology is to facilitate the goals and objecties of a business or organization, students are required to complete the Minor in Business Administration. With an understanding of how organizations operate, students will be able to move effectively design systems and networks that will support the needs of the business or organization.
To gain real-world experience in today's computer environments, you are also required to complete an internship.
About the Program
COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY - MISSION
The Computer Technology program transforms students into technology leaders in a sustainable global economy.
COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY - PROGRAM GOALS
The goals of the Computer Technology Program are to prepare leaders who:
- Demonstrate a mastery of the fundamental concepts and theories that underlie the areas of desktop support, systems administration and network administration.
- Provide solutions by integrating diverse technologies.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills.