When you begin classes at Ball State, you are considered a
pre-business major until you have completed admission requirements
below, nicknamed "The Rule of 4."
In addition to your admission requirements for Miller College, you will also takes classes in the University Core Curriculum.
To be admitted to a bachelor’s degree program in Miller College you must:
The Rule of 4—Complete the following four courses* with a grade point average of 2.50:
- ACC 201: Principles of Accounting 1
- ECON 201: Elementary Microeconomics
- ISOM 125: Micro Applications for Business
- MATHS 132: Brief Calculus or MATHS 111: Pre-Calculus Algebra (minimum grade of C required for MCOB)
* Additional required business core courses (not included in the pre-business GPA calculation):
ACC 202, BL 260, ECON 202, ECON 221, ENG 103, ENG 104, ISOM 135, ISOM 249, MATH 132
Earn a Ball State minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
Students who have regularly met with the Student Services
pre-business advisor will automatically be transitioned into the
business major classification (notification will be sent via email).
Students who have NOT kept regular meetings with the pre-business
advisor must complete paperwork in the Upper Division Advising Center, AC 224.
This form may also be used to change your major within the Miller
College of Business.
Enrolling in 300-Level and 400-Level Classes
Once you have been admitted to a bachelor’s degree program in Miller
College, you may enroll in 300 and 400-level business courses if you
qualify for the following:
- You have fulfilled Miller College admission requirements (above).
- You are a non-business student pursuing a business minor.
- You are a non-business student pursuing a major that may require a specific 300/400-level business course.
- You are a non-business student who has met all course prerequisites for any 300/400-level business course.
For any questions regarding courses and prerequisites for a business
major or minor, please contact Miller College Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.