The undergraduate major in Computer Information Systems requires completion of 120 credits that are divided into three groups of courses. The first group is the University Core Curriculum that all undergraduate students must take, totaling 33 credit hours. Second is the set of 63 credit hours pre-business/business courses that all undergraduate business students must take. The third set includes elective courses. Out of 63 credit hours pre-business/business courses, the CIS major includes the following 24 credit hours.
For more information about each course, use the on-campus course planner and the online/distance education course planner.
- CIS 226: Business Systems Application Development
- ISOM 300: Project Management
- CIS 317: Computer Networks for Business
- CIS 410: Information Systems Security
- CIS 412: Business Process Analysis and Design
- CIS 413: Database Management Systems
- CIS 490: Information Systems Integration Project
Electives (choose 3 credit hours from the following courses):
- BA 305: Introduction to Business Analytics
- ISOM 421: Network & Security Management
- ISOM 422: Health Care Information Systems
- ISOM 430: ERP Application and Process Integration
- ISOM 450: E-Commerce Design and Applications
- ISOM 369: ISOM Internship