Choose this major to receive brilliant preparation for a career in business. It’s also a foundation for a master of business administration (MBA).
You’ll need 120 hours total (see all the requirements for bachelor's degrees and the University Core Curriculum), including the concentration areas listed below.
You can look up complete course descriptions in the undergraduate catalog. In addition to the Miller College of Business core requirements, you'll also take required courses for the human resource management degree.
As a junior or senior, you'll take courses such as:
- MGT 241 – The Entrepreneurial Experience
- MGT 300 – Managing Behavior in Organizations
- MKG 300 – Principles of Marketing
- FIN 300 – Principles of Finance 1
- RMI 330 – Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- COMM 340 – Leadership Communication
- ISOM 351 – Operations Management
- MGT 465 – Human Resources Planning and Selection
- MGT 491 – Business Policy and Strategic Management