Pi Sigma Epsilon fraternity adheres to the following six purposes:
- Create a collegiate organization of students who are interested in the advancement of professional selling, sales management, and marketing as a career and a profession.
- Promote the study of professional selling, sales management, or marketing and to help prepare them for the job market.
- Bring together academically qualified students who express a desire to enter the fields of professional selling, sales management, or marketing and help prepare them for the job market.
- Encourage colleges and universities to establish courses preparing students for careers in professional selling, sales management, and/or marketing.
- Stimulate improved methods and techniques in the fields of professional selling, sales management, and/or marketing.
- Instill in its members the highest possible ethical standards in professional selling, sales management, and marketing.
- national and regional conventions where you can learn from other Pi Sigma Epsilon chapters, other faculty advisors, and business professionals
- leadership institute/creativity workshop
- Pro/Am Sell-A-Thon
- PSE MarketPlace Career Fair
- national resume book
- national online resume center
- CareerLink database
- national scholarship program
- national awards program
- certified chapter officer program
- national speakers competition
- Future Leaders' Scholarship
- Sales Career Scholarship
- speakers from a variety of sales and marketing organizations
- field trips to sales and marketing organizations
- local scholarship opportunity community activities
- sales and marketing education through a variety of club activities
- sales job fair for business networking and possible employment opportunities
- resume distribution service to the business community
- leadership skills development opportunities
- corporate library with literature about businesses to help prepare for interviews
- social functions
- resume enhancement
- networking opportunities with business professionals as well as other students with similar interests
Pi Sigma Epsilon is open to any student interested in selling, sales management, marketing, or related fields.
Pi Sigma Epsilon was founded as a national professional and coeducational fraternity in selling, sales management, and marketing in 1952 at the University of Georgia. The Selling and Sales Management Club at Ball State University was founded in the fall of 1987 and affiliated nationally in 1994, becoming the Epsilon Epsilon chapter of Pi Sigma at Ball State University.