To earn admission to the Miller College of Business, you need to complete the following three requirements:
1. Successfully complete the Pre-Business courses (“Rule of Four”) outlined below
2. Earn a minimum 2.50 GPA in the Pre-Business courses (“Rule of Four”)
3. Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
Once these three requirements are met, you will automatically be admitted to Miller College and the business major of your choice.
These courses are also commonly referred to as the “Rule of Four” courses:
• ACC 201 Principles of Accounting 1
• ECON 201 Elementary Microeconomics
• ISOM 125 - Micro Applications for Business
• MATH 132 Brief Calculus
or MATHS 111 Pre-Calculus Algebra (minimum grade of C required for MCOB)
Additional required business core courses (not included in the pre-business GPA calculation):
ACC 202, BL 260, ECON 202, ECON 221, ENG 103, ENG 104, ISOM 135, ISOM 249, MATH 132
Click below to view a PDF of the curriculum and recommended four-year plan for each major/minor in business.
Copyright © 2014 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241